The Peasemore Project is planning to answer a number of research questions about the archaeology of Peasemore. These include:
1) What is the enclosure and what was it used for?
- Agricultural use/stock enclosure?
- Ceremonial meeting place?
- Anglo-Saxon 'arale oval'?
2) When did the villageof Peasemore nucleate?
- Late Saxon period?
- Where are the earlier settlements?
3) Where are the 4 ‘halls’ of Peasemore referred to in Domesday Book?
4) What can we tell about past land use in Peasemore?
- Evidence of woodland and woodland management?
- Process of enclosure/assarting?